As a product owner, not only are you required to know the ins and outs of your own product but you are also expected to strategically manage internal and external factors that can influence your product vision. This is why flawless cross departmental collaboration among stakeholders is paramount to develop successful product features and to productively manage your tasks as a product manager.
- Properly manage stakeholders and deliver winning features
- Utilize organizational relationship management to support your product roadmap
- Prioritize feature requests based on business objectives
- Fine-tune critical communications across various departments
- Align on metrics and develop realistic timelines
Consumer Product Manager, The Zebra
Megan Bubley is a Consumer Product Manager at The Zebra, where she works to develop and deliver winning products through the use of user research, data, and collaboration. She has had years of experience working on both B2C and B2B products in fast paced, startup environments. Before starting as a Product Manager, Megan worked as an English teacher in the Chicago Public School system where she identified a talent for crafting lessons that all students could understand and connect with. She credits her unique background and creative problem solving skills for much of her success in the role, as well as her passion for building products that address user needs in a meaningful and scalable way.